MPPSC State Service Preliminary Examination Syllabus
MP State Service Exam Syllabus. MPPSC Preliminary and Main Exam Syllabus For State Service Examination 2019 (Adv No./03/2019) Online Form go through detail description, official notification about SSE MPPSC age limit, qualification, number of openings, location.
|Advt. No. : 03/2019
Job Location: Madhya Pradesh
MPPSC Recruitment 2019: mppsc-civil-service-examination
State Service Preliminary Exam Syllabus for First Paper: GENERAL STUDIES
- General Science and Environment Questions on general science and Environment (Environmental Ecology, Biodiversity & Climate Change) will cover public appreciation and understanding of science including matters of everyday observation and experience as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made an individual study of any particular scientific discipline.
- Current Events of National & International Importance In current events, knowledge of significant National and International levels will be tested.
- History of India and Independent India In History, questions of general knowledge related to social, economic, and political aspects will be asked. Also, there will be questions on the Indian National Movement and Development of Independent India.
- (a) Geography of India There will be questions of general knowledge relating to Physical, social, and economic geography. It will also include items on Indian Agriculture and Natural resources. There will be questions about the demography and census of India. (b) General Geographical awareness of the world.
- Indian Polity and Economy Political system and constitution of the country, Panchayati Raj, social network, sustainable economic development, elections, political parties, plans, industrial development, foreign trade, and economic and financial institutions.
- Sports Important games and sports tournaments. Awards, personalities, and Renowned Sports Institutions of M.P., India, Asia, and World.
- Geography. History and Culture of M.P. There will be questions related to the development of Mountains, rivers, climate. Flora and Fauna, Minerals transportation in the Geography of Madhya Pradesh. It will also have questions about prominent dynasties of M.P., Contribution of prominent families in the History & Culture of Madhya Pradesh, and there will be questions on Tribals, Arts, Architecture, Fine Arts and Historical personalities of M.P.
- Polity and Economy of M.P. Political system, Political parties, and elections, Panchayati Raj, Social network, and sustainable economic development of M.P. This will also include questions on Industry, Plans, Economic programs, business, demography, and census of M.P.
- Information and Communication Technology Questions about characteristics use, and terminologies such as website, online, search engine, e-mail, video mail, chatting, video conferencing, hacking, cracking, virus, and cybercrime. 10 Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Tribe (Prevention of Atrocities) 1989 (No.33 of 1989) and the Protection of Civil Rights Act. 1955 (No. 22 of 1955)
- The Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993.
State Service Preliminary Exam Syllabus for Second Paper: GENERAL APTITUDE TEST
- Interpersonal skill including communication skill
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, the order of magnitude ect.-Class X level) Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.-Class X level)
- Hindi Language Comprehension Skill (Class X level) Note:- Question relating to Hindi Language Comprehension skill of Class X level will be tested through passages from Hindi language only without providing English Translation thereof in the question paper.
MPPSC State Service Main Examination Syllabus
State Service Main Exam Syllabus for PAPER-I: GENERAL STUDIES
PART “A” HISTORY AND CULTURE
- World History Renaissance, Revolution of England, French Revolution. Industrial Revolution Russian Revolution.
World War I and II.
- Indian History Political, Economic, and Social History of India from Harappa civilization to 10*^ Century A.D.
- Moguls, and their administration, the emergence of composite culture. Political. Economic and Social History of Central India from 11^^ to 18^”^ Century A.D.
- Impact of British Rule on the Indian economy and society. Indian response to British Rule: Peasant and tribal revolts, The First Struggle of Independence.
- Indian ‘Renaissance: The Freedom. National Movement and its leaders (with particular reference to M.P.).
- The emergence of India as a Republic. Reorganization of States, Formation of M.P. Major events of the post-independence period.
- Indian Culture. Heritage with particular reference to M.P.: Salient aspects of Art Forms. Literature, Festivals & Architecture from ancient to modern times. World Heritage sites in India, Tourism in Madhya Pradesh.
- Salient features of the physical geography of India and the world.
- Distribution of vital natural resources. Agro-climatic zones and Industries in M.P.
- Demography of India and M.P., Tribes of Madhya Pradesh with particular reference to
- Agroecology and its relevance to man, sustainable management, and conservation. Major crops of the state, holdings and cropping patterns, physical and social environment of crop distribution and production, issues and challenges related with quality and supply of seed, manure, farming practices, horticulture, poultry, dairy, fisheries and animal husbandry, etc. agriculture produce, transport, storage and marketing in the state. Soil: Physical, chemical, and biological properties. Soil process and factors of soil formation, mineral and organic constituents of land, and their role in maintaining soil productivity. Essential plant nutrients and other beneficial elements in soils and plants. Problem soils and their reclamation methods. Problems of soil erosion and Soil degradation in Madhya Pradesh. Soil conservation planning on a watershed basis.
- Food processing and related industries in India- scope and significance, location, upstream and downstream requirements, supply chain management. Land reforms in India.
- Water Management 3.1 Groundwater and Watershed management. 3.2 Water usage and efficient irrigation systems. 3.3 Drinking Water: supply, factors of impurity of water, and quality management. 4 Disaster and its management
- Human-made and Natural disasters: Concept and scope of accident” management, specific hazards, and mitigation. 4.2 Community planning: Resource Mapping, Relief & Rehabilitation, preventive, and administrative measures. Safe construction. Alternative communication and survival skills. 4.3 Case studies – Chernobyl Atomic Plant Tragedy 1986. Bhopal Gas Tragedy 1984. Kutch Earthquake 2001, Indian Tsunami 2004, Fukushima Daiichi Japan Nuclear Disaster 2011, Uttrakhand Flash Flood 2013, Ujjain Tragedy 1994, Allahabad Kumbh Stampede 2013, J & K
29 Flood 2014 etc.
State Service Main Exam Syllabus for PAPER-II: GENERAL STUDIES
PART”A” The Constitution, the Political and Administrative Structure of Governance.
- The constitution drafting committee, The Constitution of India, The Preamble, Basic Structure, Fundamental Rights and Duties and Directive principles of state policy, Schedules of the Constitution, Constitutional amendments. Comparison of the Indian Constitution with that of
- Centre and State Legislature.
- Centre and State Executive.
- Judiciary – Supreme Court, High Court, District and Subordinate Courts, Contempt of Court.
- Nature of the Indian Union, Centre-State Relations, Division of Power (Centre List, State List, and Concurrent List). Distribution of resources.
- Decentralization and people’s participation in Democratic Governance. Local Self Government, 73rd and 74th amendment of Constitution. The Panchayats, The Municipalities. (Rural and Urban Local Governance)
- Lokpal, Lokayukta, and Lok Nyayalaya -Judiciary as a watch-dog protecting the Constitutional Order- Judicial Activism, Public Interest Litigation.
- Accountability and Rights: Competition Commission, Consumer Courts, Information Commission, Women Commission, Human Rights Commissions, SC/ ST/OBC Commissions, other redressed agencies/authorities. Transparency and Accountability, Right to Information, Right to Services, Utilization of public funds.
- Democracy at work, Political Parties, Political Representation, Citizens Participation in Decision Making.
- Elections, Election Commission, Electoral reforms.
- The emergence of Community-Based Organizations (CBOs) and Non-Government Organizations (NGOs); Self Help Groups.
- Issues and role of media (Electronic, Print, and Social)
- Security Issues: External and Internal. 3 Social & Some Important Legislation:
- Indian society. Social Legislation as an instrument of Social Change.
- The Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993
- Protection to Women Women & Criminal Law [Under Indian Constitution Law & Criminal Procedure code]
- Protection of Women From Domestic Violence Act-2005 3.5 The Protection of Civil Rights Act, 1955,
- The Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989,
- Right to Information Act, 2005, 3.8 Environment (Protection) Act, 1986,
- The Consumer Protection Act, 1986, 3.10 information Technology Act, 2000,
- The Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988
- The Madhya Pradesh Lok Sewaon ke Pradan ki Guarantee Adhiniyam- 2010
PART”B” Social Sector – Health, Education & Empowerment
- Health services. Preventive and curative health programs in India / M.P. with an emphasis on children’s and women’s health. Issues related to the availability of therapeutic health to all. Availability of doctor & Paramedical staff. Health services in rural areas.
- Malnutrition, Its causes and effects and Govt. programs for supplementary Nutrition
- The technological interventions in the field of Immunology, Immunization, Family health. Biotechnology, Communicable and non-communicable diseases, and remedies.
- Vital statistics 30
- W.H.O.-Objectives, Structures, functions, and programs.
- Education systems » Education as a tool for HR development. Universal elementary education, Quality of Higher and Technical, Vocational Education. Issues related to the girl’s training, underprivileged classes, and differently-abled classes.
- Human resource development Availability of skilled human resources, employability, and productivity of human resources of India, trends of employment, the role of institutions like NCHER, NCERT, NIEPA, UGC, Open Universities, AlCTE, NOTE, NCVT, ICAR, NTs, NITs. NLUs, IIMs, Polytechnic and ITIs, etc. and human resource development.
- Welfare programs and Issues related to -Aged people, Differently able people: children, Women, Labour, Socially deprived Classes, and Displaced groups of developmental projects.
- Public ServicesPublic Services, All India Services, Central Services, State Services, Constitutional Positions, Role and function, nature of function, Union Public Service Commission, M.P. State Public Service Commission. Training and Training Institutions of State and Centre in the context of changing governance patterns.
- Public Expenditure and AccountsControl over public Expenditure, Parliamentary control. Estimate Committee, Public Accounts Committee, etc. Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India, Role of Finance Ministry in Monetary and Fiscal Policy, Composition and function of Accountant General of M.P. 10 International Organizations
- UN and it’s associated organizations.
- IMF, The World Bank, and Asian Development Bank
- SAARC, BRICS, other Bilateral and Regional groupings
- WTO and its impact on India.
State Service Main Exam Syllabus for PAPER 111 -GENERAL STUDIES
PART”A” Science and Technology
- Matter in our surroundings. Elements, Compounds, Mixtures, Metals and Non-metals, Carbon and its compounds. Molecules, Atoms, Structure of atom. Chemical reactions. Acids, Bases, and Salts.
- The organism, Types of plants. Tissues, Fundamental unit of life-Cell, Life processes’. Metabolism, Control and Coordination, Reproduction, Heredity, and Evolution.
- Gravitation, Motions, Force, Laws of Motion, Work and Energy, Light, Sound, Electricity, and Magnetism.
- Reasoning and Data Interpretation
- Basic numeracy and Statistics (numbers and their relations), Probability.
- Data handling and Interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc.).
- Ratio and Proportion, Unitary method. Profit and Loss, Percentage, Discount. Simple and Compound Interest.
- Mensuration: Area, Perimeter Volume. 2.5 Logical reasoning. Analytical ability and Problem-solving.
- Applications of Science and Technology in Social and Economic development. Indigenous technology. Transfer of technology and developing new technologies.
- Patents and Intellectual Property Rights. (TRIPS & TRIMS).
- Contribution of Indians in the field of Science and Technology.
- Emerging Technologies
- Emerging technologies like Information and Communication Technology, Remote sensing, Space. GIS, GPS. Biotechnology & Nano-technology: their application in the field of Agriculture and Allied sectors. Health, E-Governance, Transport, Spatial Planning, Housing, Sports, etc.
- Conventional and Non-Conventional sources of energy.
- Energy Management: Issues and challenges.
- Current status of alternative sources of energy and their prospects.
- Environment and Sustainable Development
- Environmental degradation: its causes, effects, and remedies.
- Environment protection laws. Policies and regulatory framework.
- The Environment – development debate.
- Solid, Effluent, Sewer, Medical, Hazardous and E-waste management.
- Climate change: Causes and Remedial measures.
- Ecological Prints and Coping strategies.
PART”B” Indian Economy
- Development Experience of India.
- Causes of low Industrialization in MP.
- Economic reforms since 1991: Industrial and Financial sector reforms, stock market, and Banking systems.
- Liberalization, Privatization, and Globalization.
- Current trends and challenges in the Indian Economy.
- Development planning in India. 7.7 National Income and Accounting System.
- Infrastructural development and issues. 7.9 Poverty, Unemployment, Regional Imbalances, and Migration.
- Urban issues. Urban development (social and economic infrastructure) and Housing for Low Income Groups.
- Rural issues, Rural development (Social and economic infrastructure), and Rural Credit.
- Indicator of development. Human development & Economic development.
- The co-operative movement in India and M.P.
- Importance of agriculture in M.P. and Indian economy.
- Factors of economic development.
- Issues of Direct and Indirect Subsidy for the farm sector and other social sectors.
- Public Distribution System: Objective, Functioning, Limitation. Issues of Buffer Stock and Food Security.
State Service Main Exam Syllabus for PAPER IV -GENERAL STUDIES
- Human needs and motivation Ethics and Values In Public Administration: Ethical elements in governance – integrity, accountability and transparency, ethical reasoning and moral dilemmas, conscience as sources of ethical guidance, code of conduct for civil servants, values in governance.
- Philosophers/Thinkers, Social workers/Reformers Mahavir, Buddha, Kautilya, Plato, Aristotle, Gurunanak, Kabir, Tulsidas, Ravindra Nath Tagore, Raja Ram Mohan Roy, Swami Dayanand Saraswati, Swami Vivekanand, Sri Aurobindo, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, Sarvpalli Radhakrishnan Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya, Ram Manohar Lohiya, etc.
- Attitude: Content, Elements, Function Formation of attitude, attitudinal change, persuasive communication. Prejudice and discrimination. Stereotypes in Indian context.
- Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service, integrity, impartiality and non-partisanship, objectivity, dedication to public service, empathy, tolerance, and compassion towards the weaker sections.
- Emotional IntelligenceEmotional intelligence-concepts, their utilities, and application in Administration and Governance.
- Corruption: Types and causes of crime, effects of corruption, approaches to minimizing fraud- the role of society, media, family, whistleblower, UN Convention on Corruption, measuring corruption, Transparency International, etc. Case studies based on the contents on the syllabus.
MPPSC Official website Advertisement. Recruitment Advertisement For State Service Examination 2019 (Adv No./03/2019) Online Form go through detail description, official notification about SSE MPPSC age limit, qualification, number of openings, location. We Will Updated, the MPPSC Civil Service Exam Date, Admit Card, Result, Answer Key, and other essential details from time to time on this page only.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this job, then feel free to leave a query in the comment below. Please share this Job notification to friends and family who prepare for a competitive exam.